IVA is a worldwide leader in the training of teachers of singing with over 120+ years of experience and thousands of hours of voice lessons and teacher training delivered over the last 30 years.
Our program will help you to understand how the voice works and how you can continually improve your teaching in order to quickly diagnose and fix problems in any voice, helping your students achieve success.
We also train teachers how to develop voices of a professional caliber that can meet the demands of modern careers in singing.
This program is open to all teachers of singing who are interested in training in our instructor certification program, which offers the highest quality vocal education for voice instructors worldwide.
The journey to becoming a Certified IVA Instructor starts with applying as an IVA Student Teacher.
You may also want to look up who your Area Representative (AR) is. Ars are responsible for your area, and they can answer any questions you may have about getting certified.
Who is the IVA certification for?
- Beginning voice instructors looking for high-quality teacher training and education
- Experienced voice instructors seeking professional education to refine their skills and teaching
- Voice teachers who are committed to their ongoing vocal and pedagogical development
Benefits of the IVA Program
There is no other organization in the world that offers a wider variety of education specifically for the teaching of vocal development than IVA does.
As an IVA teacher, you will earn a certificate that represents the highest quality vocal education and pedagogy. You will have access to the benefits of our professional organization that strives to serve you and meet your specific needs as a teacher of singing.
You become a part of a network of highly-trained and talented vocal instructors, which provides a platform for your continued growth and education.
As a Certified Instructor, you have access to:
- our yearly teacher conference (IVACON)
- teacher training in person and online
- master classes and workshops right in your area
- and additional online training
In addition, you will have access to education in many areas of singing such as performance, musicianship training, and style coaching across multiple genres of singing.
As a licensed IVA teacher, you will be able to market and promote your teaching with the IVA name and logo.
To apply as an IVA Student Teacher, there are prerequisites that you must meet to be accepted into the program. If you meet and pass the prerequisites, you will be accepted. If you do not meet the criteria, please get in touch with IVA so we can help you .
Requirements for admission to the program
To apply for admission to the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Basic vocal musicianship skills, at the very least the ability to sing a song in tune and time
- Working toward a basic understanding of English
The Application Process
- Read the IVA Information Guide to see what’s involved in being an IVA Teacher.
- Complete the online application form. We will send you a confirmation email once we receive your application.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application is approved, inviting you to create a login for the IVA Teachers’ Dashboard.
- You then pay the one-time $450.00 USD Student Teacher Program Fee (non-refundable).
- You will receive your “Welcome Email” after IVA receives your Student Teacher Program registration fee, a copy of the Student Teachers guide, and full access to IVA’s online system. You can then begin your IVA teacher education.