To qualify as an IVA Student Teacher there are prerequisites that you must meet to be accepted into the program. If you meet and pass the prerequisites you will be accepted. If you do not meet the criteria, please get in touch with IVA as we can help you complete the qualifications.
In order to be admitted to the IVA Teacher Certification Program one requirement is a reference from an IVA Master Teacher (MT). To receive this reference you must have taken at least one 60-minute lesson with an MT. During this lesson the MT will assess your skills and see if they meet the standards necessary to join the program.
If the Master Teacher concludes you don’t meet the necessary criteria but with some work it could be achieved, they will ask you to take a further course of up to three, additional 60-minute lessons. If more instruction is necessary please contact Corey (email@example.com) with IVA and you will be given detailed feedback on what to work on and then asked to apply once you and the Master Teacher decide you’re ready.
Prerequisites for admission to the program
To apply for admission to the program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Basic vocal musicianship skills, at the very least the ability to sing a song in tune and time
- Working toward a basic understanding of English, and be able to use our teaching terminology
- Ability to play all six main IVA scales on the piano in all keys verified by the IVA Master Teacher (MT)
- Reference from an IVA MT. Therefore, you must have taken at least one 60-minute lesson with one of our MTs. The MT may request up to three additional 60-minute lessons before completing your IVA reference.
The Application Process
- Read the 2017 IVA Information Guide to see what’s involved in being an IVA teacher
- Complete the online admission form. Please select the IVA Master Teacher (MT) you plan to study with or have already studied with for your initial reference
- We will send you a confirmation email once we receive your application
- The MT will assess your application and, if necessary, ask that further lessons be taken with them before providing your reference to join IVA
- You will receive a confirmation email if you are approved, inviting you to create a login for the IVA Teachers’ dashboard
- You then pay the one-time $450.00 USD Student Teacher Program Fee (non-refundable)
- You will receive your “Welcome Email” after IVA receives your Student Teacher Program registration fee, a copy of the Student Teachers guide, and full access to IVA’s online system
You can then begin your IVA teacher education.